Do you feel insecure about your dull or stained teeth? If yes, teeth whitening is just the treatment you need to transform your smile. The following is a complete guide to whitening your teeth.
What Causes Yellow Teeth?
Different factors contribute to yellow teeth. A few of them are discussed below:
- Yellow teeth are a natural part of aging, which occurs as the protective coating of your teeth, also known as the enamel, fades away over time. This causes the dentin to get exposed, which causes the teeth to become yellow.
- If you consume tobacco products, from pipe smoking to cigarettes, it can stain your teeth and darken your teeth.
- If you don’t brush or floss your teeth regularly, it can cause bacteria like plaque and tartar to build up, causing yellow teeth and discoloration.
- Certain medications, like antibiotics, can darken teeth. Even certain drugs for high blood pressure and antipsychotic medications can stain teeth.
- If you have a disease that will affect the tooth enamel, it can cause discoloration of your teeth. For example, if you have cancer and are undergoing chemotherapy or radiation, it can cause a brownish color stain to build up on your teeth.
- There’s a high chance that you inherited yellow enamel. If you want to whiten your then you can easily do so with toothpaste, strips, and Whitening treatments.
- If you constantly consume dark-colored foods or foods that stain teeth, over time, it can stain your teeth. Therefore, moderation is key, when it comes to dark-colored foods like wine, coffee, tea, tomatoes, etc.
The best and simplest way to get whiter teeth is by brushing. You should brush at least twice a day. This will help prevent stains and yellow teeth or other discoloration.
Why Do You Need to Whiten Your Teeth?
There are several benefits of whitening your teeth, a few are mentioned below:
- Removes discoloration & stains.
- It also Improves your self-esteem.
- You will find yourself smiling more often.
- It reduces bacteria and plaque build-up.
- You can restore your youthful smile.
- It will cover imperfections.
- You can feel confident about your big interview or event.
What Are the Best Ways To Get Rid of Yellow Teeth
You need to make sure you select the right toothbrush that will help keep your teeth clean and white. Select a soft-bristled toothbrush to gently brush your teeth without damaging your gums or enamel. The brush should be in the perfect size that will fit every nook and cranny of your teeth. You can also opt for electric toothbrushes as they are superior in removing stains and plaque build-up.
You should also replace your toothbrush every three to four months or when the bristles seem worn down. A frayed toothbrush won’t clean your teeth effectively. If you notice signs of wear and tear make sure to use a new brush to remove stains and polish your teeth properly.
For the best results make sure to add a whitening toothpaste that contains fluoride to your oral care routine. Whitening toothpaste contains a low dose of hydrogen peroxide that will help to whiten your teeth over time. You can always ask the cosmetic dentist for the best recommendations for teeth whitening toothpaste for you.
Flossing plays an important role in maintaining oral hygiene and making your teeth appear whiter as it clears out food particles and bacteria build-up between your teeth. You can also opt for whitening floss that contains calcium peroxide that dissolves proteins found on your teeth that may lead to discoloration.
Most teeth stains start from between the teeth, therefore, removing build-up before it can stain will help your teeth look the brightest.
Regular Dental Check-Ups
The most safest and effective way to whiten your teeth and improve your oral hygiene is by going to the dentist. The more you eat and use your teeth, the more plaque will build up on your teeth. Although you might have the best oral hygiene routine, there will be certainly hard-to-reach spots that will develop plaque. This is why it is essential to get proper professional cleanings to ensure every nook and cranny of your teeth are clean. If you have stains or discoloration, it can also indicate other dental issues, which will be detected during your routine dental checkup.
However, teeth cleaning alone won’t get rid of stains, in most cases, there’s little to a change in the color of your teeth. This is where more powerful chemical agents used in professional teeth whitening come in. With the help of the whitening gel, you will achieve excellent results for every type of stain.
Professional Teeth Whitening
Many people desire a brighter and whiter smile to improve their appearance, if you are one of them, teeth whitening is the choice for you. With professional teeth whitening in Scottsdale, you will get quicker results, your self-esteem will improve, and you will feel a lot more confident. However, make sure you choose the right cosmetic dentist who will thoroughly examine your teeth to make sure you are the right candidate for teeth whitening. They should also provide proper cleaning and ensure there’s no plaque build-up, which could prevent the gel from working effectively.
There are different options to whiten your teeth. But with professional teeth whitening, you will receive custom-made trays that will fit your teeth perfectly. You will also receive the gel that will be customized according to your needs. This means you will get your desired results quickly and safely.
What To Do After Your Teeth Are Whitened To Protect Them From Staining Again?
If you are wondering “how long does teeth whitening last?”, it all depends on how you take care of your teeth, To ensure your teeth stay wither for longer after teeth-whitening treatment, you can take the following measures:
- Avoid drinking colored beverages like red wine, coffee, tea, beer, fruit juice, and sodas. If you cannot stop consuming these drinks, make sure you use a straw and avoid contact with your teeth. Don’t hold these liquids in your mouth for long.
- Also, avoid sauces and spices like red sauce, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, curry, paprika, turmeric, etc.
- Avoid dark-colored foods like red meats, tomatoes, carrots, beetroot, and spinach.
- Avoid pigmented and acidic fruits like lemons, oranges, limes, mangoes, kiwis, plums, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, etc.
- Consuming tobacco products will stain your teeth easily and it’s best to quit smoking or chewing tobacco to ensure white teeth and optimal oral health.
- Avoid colored dental hygiene products like toothpaste and mouthwash that can re-stain your teeth.
If you are looking for the best way to brighten your teeth, make sure you visit the cosmetic dentist in Scottsdale. The expert will examine your teeth and make sure it is the best choice for you. So don’t wait any longer and get the brightest smile possible with a professional teeth whitening treatment.